Job: Programme Coordinator (Displacement Tracking and Monitoring (DTM))
Location: South Sudan
Closing Date: Monday, 27 January 2014
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title : Programme Coordinator (Displacement Tracking and Monitoring (DTM))
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Official, Grade Equiv. P3
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : January 27, 2014
Reference Code : SVN2014/01(O)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non-represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Holy See, Israel, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Libya, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Maldives, Malta, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Seychelles, Slovenia, Somalia, South Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and in coordination with the Heads of Sub Offices (HSO) and other relevant programme managers/coordinators, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the Population Tracking and Monitoring of Returnees and IDPs, and other data management projects in South Sudan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the Tracking and Monitoring Programme, IOM en-route data collection activities and Area of Return component, implemented by the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC) at the village-level.
- Establish and supervise large-scale field assessment with multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about stranded population, returnees and IDPs movements, and any other source of data required.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support technology solutions. Review and approve the technical specification of all related ITC equipment and service provision to meet IOM ITC standard and user's needs.
- Produce activity reports on behalf of the Database unit to be shared with various audiences. Review the statistical reports, IDP displacement, return planning maps and tools to contribute to reports.
- Develop, manage, implement, fund-raise for and report on projects in the area of T&M, Village Assessment Survey Project and any other related programmes.
- Manage T&M staff, prepare and organize training for enumerators and field staff on projects activities on a regular basis.
- Supervise the Database unit for the operational management and administration of the IOM databases in South Sudan.
- Supervise the GIS section and correlate data and analysis to facilitate the mapping of these data and analysis for all the projects in South Sudan.
- Design and implement information dissemination tools and operational frameworks for data collection and sharing among the different stakeholders in South Sudan.
- Represent IOM at meetings and events where these programmes are being discussed.
- Compile and distribute to all the stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly return update and manage the ERS email account.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- displays mastery of subject matter;
- contributes to a collegial team environment;
- creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
delivers on set objectives in hardship situations; effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners; works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
Required Qualifications and Experience
a) completed advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Computer Science, Social Sciences or any other discipline related to Disaster Risk Management or information Management; five years of professional relevant experience (or seven years of experience for candidates with first level university degree) in Information Management or Disaster Risk Management; experience in the development and implementation of population database a distinct advantage. Languages Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by January 27, 2014 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
PLEASE REFER TO SUDAZONE WHILE APPLYING
Closing date: 27/01/2014